I never got around to making a proper post archiving the recipe before it fades from my memory. So here it is. The thing I’ve raved about so much. And made cakes and cookies with.
Ingredients: (makes: 1 cup jam)
- 1 cup deseed and chopped jamun (Indian black plum)
- 1/2 or 1/3 cup sugar (depending on your sugar tolerance levels)
- a couple of pinches of cinnamon
- Bring the deseeded jamun and sugar to a boil on medium heat. Keep stirring it to avoid burning at the bottom.
- Once it reaches a custard-like thick consistency, turn off the heat. Add the cinnamon powder and stir it.
- Immediately transfer to an air-tight container. Close the lid AFTER it has cooled down, and refrigerate. This will stay good in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
I’ve used this jam on toasts, in cakes, on cookies. It’s amazing. Trust me.
Click on the pictures for the recipes.
For any questions about recipes or any queries, you can drop me a message on my Instagram or Facebook page.