RECIPE: (makes 6)
- 6 ready-to-fry frozen chicken nuggets
For the Satay sauce:
- 2 tablespoons of creamy Peanut Butter (I used my Homemade Peanut Butter)
- 1/2 inch of ginger, crushed/grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed/grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil (I used Patanjali Edible Coconut Oil)
- Two large pinches of ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Combine the satay sauce ingredients in a bowl. Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Line a baking tray with foil (this helps avoid burning and prevents it from sticking to the tray, which would make it difficult to remove the nuggets after they’re done).
- Coat each nugget with the peanut butter mixture. It’ll be a bit difficult but the trick is to – pat a enough mixture on top of a nugget, then place it on the tray with the mixture facing down, then pat some more on the bare top. As it cooks in the oven the excess on the top will slide down, covering the sides as well.
- Bake for 15-20 mins or once the satay sauce looks a tad brown on the edges and the nuggets are cooked through.
You can drizzle a bit of honey and lemon juice on top
You can follow me on Instagram for more recipes and updates.